Monday, June 11, 2007

I was surrounded by people ALL day. I'm not just talking 9-5. I'm talking 8am - 9.30pm. But, something in me was not fully in the world. For good reasons. There's a lot on my mind. And I couldn't bring myself to ask anybody. I just felt...introspective.

So what a surprise, 10.30pm rolls around and no word. Yet another day of dilemma! Do I

a) leave my house - which smells like paint fumes cause they just painted today so it might not be a bad idea but do I really feel like it or
b) skip the word (and then what kind of artist am I?) or
c) have a repeat and ask Wura (Day 1) to write another word (again, what the heck) or
d) the dog print option (that is not my final answer but it might be my final lifeline - i've got 75 days to go people) or
e) think of something new.

hmm..

well, wura was the one who suggested i give myself a word. I took her up on her suggestion. So, I consulted with Audre Lorde, her book - Zami: A New Spelling of My Name and picked out the word "sleeping". Wrote it on my foot with my shaky hyperactive hand and photographed it right here in my own house.

And it felt good to give myself a word today. Yeah.


No comments: