Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Firesong June 20, 2007



I've (re)discovered the joy of my cellphone camera. Yes, I've been known to obsessively photograph my dog when he's looking too cute for words. And to photograph myself in odd ridiculous poses, too. Or with my eyes crossed. And yes, I've been known to actually SEND these photos to friends. But now here's where photographing my arms for a writing project becomes...well, that's almost serious. I'll be back to Polaroids soon. Though this phone thing....

The truth is, I was stuck at the airport all day yesterday, when I was all excited about putting the photo up at the internet port (refer to: delay), and ended up going home at 9pm to start all over again today. Firesong gave me ride to the airport, trudging through the flash floods of yet another Texas thunderstorm (this one was actually reported on the weather channel) to get me to the terminal for what would hopefully be my on-time flight. And it was. THANK GOODNESS!!! Nothing like getting stuck in the airport vortex.

So, now I'm in NYC. And I have the beautiful word, "transcendence" on my arm (note- I'm impressed with the spelling skills here, people). A guy on the subway was staring at me. Cause the words "delay" and "hope" are still there, too. Although he could have just been staring.

No comments: