Thursday, June 21, 2007



I finally went and got some film. I went to B&H on 34th Street, which is always so much fun. I always get a mild sugar high walking through there because of course I can't resist eating all the little candies set out on the counter-tops. Grape. Strawberry. Banana.

On my way there it had started raining a little bit. It was totally surprising. I get on the subway at Columbus Circle and the sun is shining and the air is cool - a perfect furst day of summer. I get off at 34th and it's drizzling. Umbrellas are popping up everywhere. I just got wet. I don't know why I'm surprised. I'm sure if I'd bothered to look at the weather this morning, I would have seen it coming.

But anyway, I slipped my way into B&H, bought my film and slipped out. I did what a lot of people do: I waited at the bust stop for the rain to pass and then, I mosied on back to the 1 line station. On the way, I stopped and asked Danny if he'd write a word on me. I had this feeling, you know, like he'd have great handwriting, and so I turned around and asked him. He was sweet. Shy. Like the guys I dated in high school. And he wrote "love" - saying, "People have probably written this one before."

Yeah. But it's never a bad thing. To have love. We parted ways when his cell phone trilled with a call. I made my way down to the subway.

p.s. - I inadvertently got a photo of my fam. in the corner of this shot. Oops. They look nice, though. They're dressed up.

No comments: