Monday, July 9, 2007

W. was talking me about the fact that every artist has a moment of deep vulnerability - where they just don't get what they want. I guess that's true. I might spend an entire day working on one poem or chapter and not get what I want out of the process. Or just have something be flawed in a small or not so small way.

Well, today, I was not feeling well and not feeling like asking anyone for a word. I was laid up, and the thought of having to interact with anyone just made me nauseous. So there you have it. I didn't get a word today. I did, however, lie on the floor after inking my dog's paw after which he ran it across my back in his meager resistance to participating in this project. That's him, in the photo. That's my hand reaching to clean his paw. That's me on the floor, where I lay for like 5 minutes following this photo. Trying to find a way up.

I know it looks like he scratched me, but in a way, isn't that the most authentic dog word there could be (besides a paw print)?

No comments: