Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I am on DAY 50 of this project. If you weren't ever an athlete this metaphor might not make sense. But if you were, I know you'll feel. And I used to be an athlete - a long, long long time ago as Andre 3000 says. And I used to swim the 500 yard freestyle. And right around halfway, I would be staring at the bottom of the pool cursing myself and my coach for this race. But also knowing I couldn't give up either.

I'm at the halfway point people. And I'm feeling lazy about it. Today, I went through the various rationales - "I'm feeling kinda under the weather." "Well, 50's pretty good." "Word. Photo. Scan. Blog. Word. Photo. Scan. Blog. Word. Photo." you get the idea.

But no - I think it's that I hadn't gotten my word of the day yet. Today I got "loser". Yeah baby! Someone brave enough to put down the first word that came to their head.

Now, loser is one of those words that we always toss around so casually. "He's such a loser." "I feel like a loser." "Loser." "Don't be such a loser." But words hurt, people. Afterall, it's not like we also go around saying: "She's such a winner." "I feel like a winner today." "Winner." "Don't be such a winner." If someone went around saying that, we'd all be like "What a freaking loser."


No comments: