Sunday, July 1, 2007

Myronn and I were on the train together for about 9 hours. We were heading back to NYC from the Cave Canem retreat. Oh we were having a good time. Sharing stories from our travels and stories from the subway. Talking about poetry and teaching. At one moment - I think it's when we pulled into Newark, I turned to Myronn and asked him if he wanted to write a word on me. He was shocked. Cause of course, I forgot I hadn't told him about the project until that moment. But, he said he'd do it anyway. So, as the train rumbled up the tracks to NYC, Myronn skillfully wrote "bake" on my arm.


Myronn Hardy July 1, 2007

That's skills, Myronn - to write on a moving train. Now, if you see the wiggles, it's cause the train was moving and bumping.

And I love that word - "bake". Effectively mysterious.

No comments: