Saturday, May 19, 2007

Serpentine
Serpentine
Serpentine

Serpentine: not just an adjective to refer to a snake like nature or composition [I think Frank likes snakes - he was telling us about hanging plastic snakes in trees to keep birds away from the orchard - or putting snakes on the tops of sculptures to keep birds from shitting on them]....but also, it refers to the stone from which chrome is extracted.

Dude - I learn something new every day. It's a cool stone, too. After he wrote the word on my leg, we all went for a hike in the river valley. I spent the day looking for serpentine. Of course, it's not a local stone, but hey, who cares! Well, Frank had a lovely, gorgeous specimen in the living room. I felt instant kinship with this rock, a shiny black. It's like you could see the chrome just aching to burst out.

I wanted to take a photo of my leg next to Frank's eyes. He has these incredible eyebrows. He would have been into it. But, I'm discovering my own shyness. I went into the room and stuck my foot up on the window sill and photographed my leg. That's my sleeping bag. Does my leg look like a snake?

No comments: