Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The lovely Lisa L Moore wrote "possibility" on my chest today. Yes, my chest is usually off limits, but she's a dear one and I just loved the idea. She told me that it's from one of Emily Dickinson's poems which she was thinking about today (I Dwell in Possibility). How amazing! How lovely. And Lisa did not know that Emily Dickinson is one of my favourite poets of all time. I love her work. And now, I have a word inspired by one of her poems on my chest. Now isn't that something?



Notice the Polaroid camera's shadow against my T-shirt. Very cool. It's the new old polaroid camera after I lost the other one.

Here's the poem:

I dwell in Possibility--
A fairer House than Prose--
More numerous of Windows--
Superior--for Doors -

Of Chambers as the Cedars--
Impregnable of Eye--
And for an Everlasting Roof
The Gambrels of the Sky--

Of Visitors--the fairest--
For Occupation--This--
The spreading wide my narrow Hands
To gather Paradise--

No comments: