Sunday, May 20, 2007

It's only Day 5, but I woke up with cramps and almost forgetting about the project. Yeah. Cramps do that to me sometimes. They make me grouchy. But, when I saw the bright yellow Polaroid camera sticking out of my bag, I remembered: I need a new word! Before I leave the homestead. It's raining out, so the light contrast is beautiful. That's even more motivation. So, I asked Keetje to write on me.



She wrote PRAYER. She said she's been thinking about G-d out here in the woods. I get it; this place has a way of doing that to you. If you stare at mountains, stars and woods long enough, you start to drift into some other sense of time and place. Still, given these shifts, it's funny how I could almost forget I was doing this. Well, the cramps don't help either.

Prayer - the word makes me think of the line "Your breath is your prayer." Someone wrote that. I can't remember who. But, it'll come back to me.

I like the cowlick at the back of my head. Though the sweep over the top is a little reminiscent o what middle-aged balding guys do - you know - when they `sweep' the three hairs on the top of their head over the big bald globe. To try and cover up the fact of their baldness. Yeah - I've got the sweep totally going on.

No comments: