Wednesday, August 22, 2007


The first guy I asked was completely skeptical. He looked over my head and said, "Nah - I've got to go do something." I was like, "Are you sure you don't want to write ONE word? It's day 99 of 100." "Nah."

So then I went up to a woman walking in my direction. She was holding about three different bottles in her hands. Note to self - don't ask people carrying a bunch of things if they're willing to juggle them in one hand to give you a word. But, surprisingly, Melissa was open to considering it.

"Will you write a word? It's the 99th day."

"What is this for?"

"It's just a writing project. Just one word. Tomorrow's the last day." I was begging.

She looked at Wu who was standing to my right.

"Is she serious? Is it true?"

Wu nodded emphatically - "Yeah it's true!"

"Okay."

"So, she took the pen and wrote "Hola!"

Thank you Melissa, for making my 99th day!

No comments: